Heavy Fuel Engines is...
The Spectre Twin represents the first heavy fuel engine developed specifically
for UAV applications. Using the superb heavy fuel performance of the HF1
engine, Mr. Guy developed the Spectre twin from the "ground-up,"
analyzing every aspect of UAV propulsion systems. No detail has been spared
in the manufacture of this new engine, and numerous innovative features
assure remarkable heavy fuel performance and unsurpassed reliability in
extreme conditions. The Spectre Twin only makes heavy fuel operation a reality
in the UAV industry, it does so in a package that will outperform and outlast
current UAV gasoline alternatives.
Features of the Spectre Twin include:
- State-of-the-art solid model design with an emphasis on function and
- Modern 4-axis machining process and expert metal and composite fabrication
- Redundant spark ignition systems to each cylinder.
- Novel fuel injection system with integral mechanical altitude compensation.
The fuel injection pump and air throttles feature redundant springs and full
"limp-home" capability in the unlikely event of a pumping element
failure. The aircraft stays where it belongs - in the air!
- Extreme condition contaminant tolerance. All systems are securely sealed
from the elements, and the engine has been desensitized to airborne particles.
- Significant reductions in infrared and acoustic emissions.
- Lubrication sensing system capable of down linking operational confirmation
without the need for failure-prone transducers or sensors.
- Bulkhead quick-connect fittings for all engine component connections,
and rapid 4-bolt removal of engine from airframe.
- Innovative shipping crate which is UPS-shippable and extremely handy.
The crate is a simple 4-bolt fixture which doubles as an engine stand when
inverted. We are responsive to your logistical concerns.
- The Spectre Twin packages very tightly in the airframe, exhibiting very
low frontal area and aerodynamic intrusion.